YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT WITH MORE THAN 6 MONTHS AVAILABLE BEFORE IT EXPIRES. WE DO NOT ISSUE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR GUEST WHO FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT AND ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BOARD THEIR FLIGHTS.
Oct 4-10, 2023
Leave The USA Oct 3rd
(to arrive in Athens On 4th)
Flight Home Oct 11th
This is the final confirmation for everything related to The GREECE Takeover. Please review closely the details of the trip:
Pre-Trip Checklist for Tours in Ghana:
This is to make sure you are taking all of the necessary steps to prepare for your trip. Visa, Yellow fever vaccine, and antimalarial pills are the three most essential steps.
Task #1 Talk to your doctor about any vaccinations or medications you may need to travel to Ghana. Unfortunately, we aren’t doctors, so legally we cannot tell you what vaccinations or medications to get. We can tell you that most of our clients take antimalarials, and some get specific vaccinations before traveling. Be sure to speak with your doctor to make sure you are ready to go, or check out the CDC website.
Task #2 Get a yellow fever vaccination, and make sure to get the certificate to go with it! This is the only vaccination required for entering Ghana, and officials will ask to see your certificate as you pass through customs. Most travelers get their vaccination at their local department of public health. Be sure to get this done in advance, and don’t forget your certificate!
Task #3 Get a visa for Ghana within 90 days of your departure. You must enter Ghana within 90 days of receiving your visa. Single-entry visas are $60 USD and can be obtained by mail or in-person. Unfortunately the visa process in the various Ghanaian consulates and embassies around the world is very inconsistent, and each consulate or embassy might require different information or supporting documents. We can provide any documents you need when you request them from firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on where you apply, you might need the following:
- Invitation letter from a person or tour operator
- Invitation letter from a hotel that confirms your reservation
- Passport with at least 6 remaining months of validity (required)
- Copies of your flight information
Task #4 If you haven’t already done so, send your flight information to email@example.com. This will help us plan your first and last days in the country, and will make sure that we are waiting for you at the airport when you arrive. (Not applicable for group flights booked by Uprise Travel)
Task #5 Pack! Be sure to check out the packing list we provide.
Packing List for Multi-Day Tours:
REMEMBER! Everyone is different. There are many things you might need to bring that are not on this list. This is for your guidance and convenience only. Here are some important tips to remember:
- We highly recommend that you speak with your doctor about antimalarial medications or any vaccinations that he or she may suggest. A yellow fever vaccination is REQUIRED for entry to Ghana.
- If your trip includes a safari, please include darker, more neutral-colored clothing in order to avoid scaring off the animals.
- Please consider culturally appropriate dress. While many cities and beaches in West Africa are more liberal with their dress codes, many people will be offended if you show too much skin. In some communities women should cover their shoulders and knees. Consider packing capri pants, loose-fitting pants and long-sleeved shirts, or light scarves to cover your shoulders.
- West Africa is synonymous with heat and humidity. Light, loose-fitting, quick-dry clothing can make your trip much more enjoyable, even if you are in a big city. Wearing heavy cotton pants on a hot day can be very uncomfortable.
IN YOUR CARRY-ON BAG:
- Valid passport with valid Ghana visa
- Photocopy of your passport
- Yellow fever vaccination card
- Wallet and money***
- Water bottle
- Chargers (with British-style adapter)
***Our tours include almost everything, but you should bring enough money for souvenirs, alcoholic beverages, snacks, and emergencies. $20 USD to $50 USD for each day of your tour is appropriate for most guests.
IN YOUR CHECKED LUGGAGE:
- Tee shirts
- Bathing Suits
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Sneakers/hiking shoes
- Rain Jacket
- Small flashlight or headlamp
- Shaving cream, razor
- Feminine hygiene products
Guide for Arriving at Kotoka International Airport:
Arriving at Kotoka International Airport is hardly any different than arriving at any airport in Europe or the United States. That said, there are a few things to keep in mind in order to ensure a smooth arrival in Ghana.
TIP #1 Don’t forget to bring your passport (with visa) and yellow fever vaccination card in your carry-on luggage. As long as you have these two things, you will be able to enter Ghana.
TIP #2 If you have any trouble while traveling, be sure to call +233 249507413 (from outside Ghana) or 0249507413 (from inside Ghana). This is our Ghana main line. If you have a delay and want to update us, you can also send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in the USA, you can call 888-646-2266 during business hours.
TIP #3 Keep this address on hand: Roots Hotel F97/2 15th Lane Osu Re, Accra Ghana. Phone number 0307010274. Our guests stay at a couple of different hotels around Accra, and you may not be staying at this one. We provide this for your convenience so that you will have something to write on your immigration card.
TIP #4 Try to get a seat assignment close to the front of the plane. This will save you lots of time at passport control in Ghana. Even with Kotoka’s new airport terminal and immigration hall, exiting the plane last could mean standing in the immigration line for 90 minutes or more. Sitting closer to the front of the plane and walking briskly to the immigration hall might save you a lot of frustration.
TIP #5 After you get through passport control, you will be in baggage claim. Grab your bag, and walk outside. Look for an Uprise tee-shirt, an Uprise sign, or a sign with your name on it. Don’t be bothered by the people offering taxis oroffering to carry your bags. We’ll find you as fast as we can!
TIP #6 If you don’t see us right away, don’t panic. This could be the first time in our history that we arrived late for an airport pickup. Take a seat, and relax. We will find you!
Day 1 – October 4, 2023
- Arrival Transfer(s) to Hotel Stanley
- 7p – Dinner at Thissio View – included
Day 2 – October 5, 2023
- 9:15a Boarding For: Tour Of Athens and guided visit to the Acropolis
- 1p – Greek Souvlaki lunch – included
- 7:30p Pick Up For – Optional Dinner & Show – $75pp
Day 3 – October 6, 2023 (Hoodie Day)
- 6:15a Pick Up For: Transfer to port – Highspeed Ferry to SANTORINI
- 11:45a Transfer to De Sol Hotel
- 2:00 PM Transfer for Lunch w/wine santo winery
- 4p Transfer to Hotel
- Blue & White Sunset Dinner & Mixer
Day 4 – October 7, 2023
- Free Morning For Personal Excursions, such as:
- Flying Dress
- HD Tour to Akrotiri Archaeological site & Visit Winery
- Morning Catamaran tour – Includes Buffet & Drinks
- Visit Brewery (Local beer pairing) – very interesting
- 5p Pick up, from hotel for shopping & optional dinner
- 9p Transfer back to hotel
Day 5 – October 8, 2023
- 8:30a – Transfer to port – Highspeed Ferry to – MYKONOS
- 12:30p – Transfer to Avaton Hotel
- Free Time To Enjoy The Hotel Amenities
Day 6 – October 9, 2023
- Day a Leisure in Mykonos
- Massages At Hotel
- HD Tour to Delos –
- Walking tour of Mykonos town –
- Cooking Class in Private house –
Day 7 – October 10, 2023
- Transfer to port – Highspeed Ferry – Back To ATHENS
- 4:50p Transfer to Stanley Hotel
- What about the pier or something we can set up – how far is what the girl set up from us?
Day 8 – October 11, 2023
- Transfer(s) to Airport